Jumping to inboxes using keyboard (or more Applescript)

What I also miss is a way to jump directly to my inbox (of current database… and to global inbox, too, althought I do not use it). With a keyboard shortcut of course.

Actually what I miss more is the way to set the current selected group of current think window using AppleScript. Right now its a read-only property! :frowning: If it would be r/w, I could define some keyboard shortcuts using Quickeys or something…

This is the script I use:

tell application "DEVONthink Pro"
	set inGroup to incoming group
	open window for record inGroup
end tell

For the inbox of the current database, just set inGroup to “Inbox”.

If you use FastScripts, you can attack a hotkey to the script.

perfect, thank you :slight_smile:

Although, judging from your other posts, you seem to know much more than I do about AppleScript. I’m surprised I’m able to help you.

I haven’t seen the ‘open window for’ AppleScript command before, somehow missed it. Thanks again for the hint :slight_smile:

huuuh. I’ve just found another cool way to script DEVONthink Pro :slight_smile:

UI scripting - it lets you simulate UI actions using Applescript. There’s one condition - ‘Enable assistive devices’ option in the Universal Access preferences of Leopard must be enabled.

This script should select your inbox folder in the current database (I assume it is displayed on the first position in the outline, like in my DTP). It reuses the current window, no new windows!

tell application "System Events"
	tell application process "DEVONthink Pro"
		set folderOutline to outline 1 of scroll area 1 of splitter group 1 of group 1 of splitter group 1 of splitter group 1 of window 1
		select row 1 of folderOutline
	end tell
end tell

This will be a nice snippet defined in Quickeys.