Keeping DT3 databases in different locations?

I’m pretty sure I know the answer to my question — but I hope you’ll verify that I’m right.

I have eight DT3 databases. Five of them are PDF and normally sized files. I want to keep them on the SSD on my iMac for easy access. I also want to keep these files synced with iCloud to use with DT-to-GO on my iPhone and iPad.

I have three databases with larger files — one for audio files and two that contain video files. To save space on my iMac, I want to keep these three databases on a large external drive. I do not plan to sync these larger databases to iCloud for obvious reasons.

Can I keep these databases stored in two different locations and still work with all of them seamlessly at the same time on my iMac?

As far as the syncing goes, I think I’m pretty clear regarding selecting which databases to sync or not to sync in DT Preferences. I assume that the databases I don’t check to sync will not take up space in iCloud. Is that right? Is there anything else I should know about that?

THANKS!

As long as the external drive is connected to the Mac, there should be no issue.

I assume that the databases I don’t check to sync will not take up space in iCloud. Is that right? Is there anything else I should know about that?

That’s correct.
Syncing is always optional. What you don’t sync doesn’t consume space on any sync location.

Thanks so much. I appreciate it.

You’re very welcome :slight_smile: