Keeping Open RSS Article From Closing

Since the demise of Google Reader, I’ve been using DEVONthink as my reader and I’m pretty pleased with it.

The way I use it is I have a bunch of feeds in folders grouped by subject. Instead of going folder to folder, I have Smart Groups for each subject that only show unread articles. This way, I get a mixture of articles from different sources.

I have DEVONthink set to check for feed updates every 15 minutes. What happens when it does this check is the Smart Groups update and remove all of the items which have been marked as read. This wouldn’t be a problem except that it also removes the article I’m currently reading and thus closes the display of that article. This happens even if I click through to the website itself.

My suggestion is to change the behavior so that the article currently being viewed is left alone by the refresh of the Smart Groups. Let it get swept up by the next update.

I second that. Very disturbing.

[url]Feed disappears while reading.]

Oops, sorry about the duplicate post. I did a couple of searches but failed to turn up your original.