Keyboard shortcut to add link?

I am used to typing Command-K on most apps to add a link to existing text. Is there any way to add a link in a note with a keyboard shortcut in Devonthink3?

If not - is there any way to add this functionality with AppleScript or maybe Keyboard Maestro?

Thanks!

Adding a link from what?

Adding a link to existing text. In most apps you can highlight text, click command-K, and add a hyperlink.

• What apps?
  • Add a link to what?
    • And in what kind of document?

Can you give some examples for these apps?

Sure… here are a few examples:

Gmail
Bear
This Devonthink message board :slight_smile:
Word
Excel

I want to link to websites in RTF notes. For example:

Hotel options:
Marriott
Hilton
Ritz Carlton

Just to clarify - the functionality is already in DT3 (“add link”), but I just want to add the keyboard shortcut.

You can define your own shortcut in System Preferences > Keyboard > Shortcuts > App Shortcuts.

That’s perfect - thank you!

You’re welcome :slight_smile:

@BLUEFROG Hi Jim. Just a friendly FYI that the keyboard shortcut shown in your screenshot (Control + A) is no longer present.

The conventional apps listed by @kevin1 are the same ones I’ve used myself over the years to call-up a window to paste a URL into (usually for highlighted test in MS Word, an Excel cell, Gmail etc.). Command + K seems to be akin to CMD+V being used to paste; it seems as though CMD+K is the conventional “standard” to convert selected text to a hyperlink.

My workaround is a Keyboard Maestro automation. Requesting however a future enhancement to DT3 to accommodate CMD+K as a shortcut for Format > “Add Link…”.

Thanks!

Thanks for the friendly FYI.

Note: That Control-A was/is not a built-in shortcut and there’s no need for a KM Macro to accomplish it.

As I said previously…

You can define your own shortcut in System Preferences > Keyboard > Shortcuts > App Shortcuts .

Alternatively, you can use the tip in this recent blog post…

:slight_smile:

Palm to forehead. Not first time I’ve embarrassed myself on this forum :slight_smile:

TY Jim. Cheers!

Haha! No need to feel embarrassed. I’m known for sometimes responding with DEVONthink answers in the DEVONthink To Go section. :stuck_out_tongue: