Language of smart template name

Hi,

I am working with Markdown Templates and love the daily journal template (Markdown).

Today I adjusted the script a little, and I came to wonder why the name of the template in my Devonthink database is German while the name in the file system is in English. Did not find the explanation in the localisation files or plist.

In order to get my future templates right:

How do I get the template names in the correct language in the future?

Maria

What is “the correct language”?

depends. Something like German, Japanese, Korean, English.

in other words: a language that the user uses. And I think of a general template that can be applied in several languages. Particularly those that I and my friends use.

Best from hot and humid South Japan.

The Daily Journal Template uses the current date from the system to generate the record’s name.

The question was not precise. One more try.

I was interested in the name of templates in the file system / Finder vs the name in the DevonThink menu.

The name in the file system is in English, while the name in the DevonThink menu is – in my case – German.

In case of the markdown daily journal it is “Daily Journal — Markdown.templatescriptd” in the Finder and “Tagebuch — Markdown” in the menu.

How can I get this function – naming a template that is saved in English as a file according to the language of the GUI – for my own templates?

Thank you.

An identical question just came up here: Localization question for smart templates - #8 by BLUEFROG

Bluefrog’s answer was to ask why one would wish to re-name the template according to the GUI. This is not the problem. The problem is that there is a functionality in the template (adaptation according to the GUI language) that seems to be not documented in the template itself. How does Devonthink know that it has to be translated and into which language? If this is documented somewhere in the template I would like to use it for my templates.

That’s currently only supported for the default templates & scripts installed by the app.

Thanks for claryfying that.

But as far as I remember it’s not the first request of its kind and therefore noted.

:+1: