Laptop stolen - possible to expire CloudKit client/session?

Hi there -

I had Devonthink 3 syncing fine with a few databases via CloudKit to a few devices (mobile and desktop), however one of my computers was stolen.

Is it possible to expire the session/client access for that stolen device to my CloudKit store (which I can still access via my other devices – syncing still works fine via DT3 on my remaining devices). Is that possible?

I’m not aware of any such option. If however, you erase the stolen laptop using Find My, the next time it connects to the internet, it’s contents will be deleted. That way it will no longer have access to iCloud. In addition, I personally would choose to delete my sync store on iCloud and set it up again with a new password, however.

4 Likes

Ugh - sorry to hear that!
@Blanc’s advice is spot-on and cleaning the sync location would definitely be warranted.

1. If you have an Apple mobile devices syncing DEVONthink To Go with CloudKit, disable it in Settings > Sync: Locations
  2. In DEVONthink’s Preferences > Sync, Control-click the CloudKit sync location, and choose Clean Location. This will remove the sync data.
  3. After the clean has been successfully shown in Window > Log, Control-click the sync location again, and choose Show Info. Enter a new encryption key and click away from the popover.
  4. Sync one database.
  5. Go into DEVONthink To Go’s Settings > Sync: Locations, tap the Edit button, then tap the CloudKit sync location. Enter the new encryption key you used on the Mac, saving the change.
  6. Making sure the sync location is now enabled, tap it, then sync with the database you just freshly synced on the Mac.
  7. Repeat the sync of each desired database.

thanks to you both!

1 Like

You’re welcome! :slight_smile: