Large PDFs crash DevonThink if the preview is on

This is a major problem for me introduced with b6 (wasn’t there with b5): whenever I click on a larger PDF and the preview is on, DevonThink will crash - always!
Mac 10.14.6

Please choose Help > Report Bug while pressing the Alt modifier key and send the result to cgrunenberg - at - devon-technologies.com - thanks! A copy of the document plus a screenshot of your setup might be useful too.

How large is large?

My regular workflow involves multiple open DT3 windows on different monitors, each with a PDF of 100-200MB and several hundred pages long. Occasionally I view 10,000 page PDFs as well. I always use preview and have not seen any problems with crashes.

This is not a DEVONtech issue. It is a problem with the obnoxious Acrobat plugin.

1. In the Finder, press Command-Shift-G and paste: ~/Library/Internet Plug-Ins . If present, remove the AdobePDFViewer.plugin or AdobePDFViewerNPAPI.plugin
  2. In the Finder, press Command-Shift-G and paste: /Library/Internet Plug-Ins (notice the tilde (~) has been removed). If present, remove the AdobePDFViewer.plugin or AdobePDFViewerNPAPI.plugin
  3. Relaunch DEVONthink.
1 Like