Launch URL broken after botched share from DTtogo

Hi,
Here is a funny (double) bug that might not bite many people… I can reproduce it as follows:

On iPhone, in Safari:
go to WSJ home page
Open any story
share it do DTtogo as Markdown (clutter-free)
open DTtogo, synchronize

On Mac:
go to DT3, synchronize
Article is in the Inbox.
Open article:
PROBLEM 1:
It’s not the full article, it’s a headline and a link
This is probably a bug in DTtogo, or the engine that creates the Markdown.

Now, to fix it, and go on using the article, I need to open it in Safari on my Mac. I have these options:

• click the link in the document, which opens the article in DT3. This is not useful to me, for a number of reasons.

• click the link in the bar under the tool bar. This works.

• hit control-command-O (which activates the menu item Data->Launch URL).This is what I prefer to do, as I try to avoid mousing whenever I can.
    PROBLEM 2: This doesn’t work. Instead, it opens the file in Xcode!

If I don’t have the article open, but just have it selected in the listing of the Inbox, the shortcut and menu command do work correctly.

Articles from most other sites are shared and synchronized without being truncated, and there the keyboard shutcut works fine on an open document.

What’s the file type & extension of the article?

markdown both.
Top Economic Advisers Warned Trump on Tariffs Before China Truce.markdown.zip (952 Bytes)

It’s not the full article, it’s a headline and a link
This is probably a bug in DTtogo, or the engine that creates the Markdown.

This is because you used the clutter-free option. Many times pages on paywalled sites will produce this kind of output since the content is not part of the actual page but served from elsewhere.

There is no URL on the file you attached here. Launch URL with a roughed in URL like our website, opens in the system default browser as expected.

Not sure that’s the complete answer – maybe something got lost exporting the file.
In DT3, I do see a URL over the window, and clicking it goes to Safari correctly. Control-command-O and the Launch URL menu commands do not, so something is off there, these things should be equivalent.
See screenshot and example database with a new offending file.URL problem example 2019-10-20.dtBase2.zip (9.3 KB)

Does this persist after rebooting the machine?

This seems to work as expected here using your database:

1. Cmd-Ctrl-O and Data > Launch URL open the URL in DEVONagent Pro (my default browser :slight_smile: )

2. Cmd-Shift-O and Data > Open Externally > Xcode (Standard) open the file in Xocde

It’s confusing. After rebooting (and, coincidentally, updating to MacOS 10.13.6) the file suddenly worked as expected. Just to double-check, I got another WSJ-file from DTtogo… and that one still goes to Xcode. Even after rebooting.
Attaching database with both files, the one dated today is (on my machine at least…) URL problem example 2019-10-21.dtBase2.zip (13.6 KB) the only offending one.

Launch URL works in both cases as expected, Cmd-Shift-O launches different apps due to different document types (also as expected).

Problem must be somehow local to me, then…Thanks for looking into it. I’ll live with it.