Leopard version, where art thou?

Maybe you already know this Ars Technica post. I got to say that the software update that I wait for the most, is DTP2. I’ve concluded that patience is the key, because I can smell that DPT2 is a very difficult software to program. I hope there is more than one developer into that project.

Thank you.

I read that a few months ago – a good micro-review thrown in with a good interview, and hopefully it got a lot of people to come to the site and give DTP a whirl.

I don’t think I’m speaking just for myself when I say a lot of people are thirsting for DTP 2 – not just because of the promised features, but to know that it exists :wink:

I think if the beta version had the capability to have multiple databases open, had tagging and “real” smart groups, had replicants that you could rename without renaming the other replicants too, and some other things like that… most of us would be able to deal with whatever bugs or inconsistencies lurk in the interface.

DTP 1 has improved a lot and gained a lot of features in its run, and the ability to help DEVON to shape its product with feedback and suggestions is one of the reasons I like this company and its products so damned much. Contrast this with Apple, whom I regularly bug about stupid functional deficiencies in their software… but they never fix it.

I know that the developers must weep tears of frustration whenever they see another “Where’s DTP2?” post on the forum, but I hope they also realize it’s because of profound love for DTP1. Most of us on here would agree, I think, that DTP is the best information manager in the world.