Link color in rtf custom meta data field (dark mode)

The color in RTF custom meta data fields is not the same as in the annotations field. In the annotations field it seems OK; in the custom meta data field it is hard to see.

Also, I’ve been having a hard time adding rich text to the custom meta data field via Applescript. With plain text it is fine; with rich text, it simply won’t work over here (nothing appears).

I confirmed the different colors in the Annotation and Custom inspectors.

I’ve been having a hard time adding rich text to the custom meta data field via Applescript.

What’s your code?

My fault. I am used to plain text only so I didn’t know about the «class RTF » of... Now it works :slight_smile:

Jim @BLUEFROG, another quick question: is it possible to add annotations to a record via AS?

I didn’t know about the «class RTF » of...

Are you processing the clipboard?

is it possible to add annotations to a record via AS?

Are you referring to annotations or Annotation files?

Yes, but I could do otherwise if there is a way to get this result into the variable:

set theRTF to (do shell script "echo " & theList2 & " | textutil -stdin -stdout -inputencoding utf-8 -format html -convert rtf | pbcopy")

I don’t know much about shell scripting yet.

What do you mean by each of them? I am referring to adding text to the annotation file that gets displayed alongside the record.

Will the next release perhaps improve this? :upside_down_face:

What do you mean by each of them?

Annotations would be highlights, etc., e.g., on PDFs.
Annotation files are the separate files created in the Annotations & Reminders inspector.

Will the next release perhaps improve this? :upside_down_face:

Only @cgrunenberg would know on this one :slight_smile:

Yes, but I could do otherwise if there is a way to get this result into the variable:

It’s not clear what’s going on here. Could you post more of the script?

So I imagine this must be the only way to create them, via inspector?

Annotations in a file like a PDF would need to be made in the Document > Annotations inspector.

1 Like

The next release will fix this.

1 Like

Thank you very much, Christian :slight_smile: