Link URLs missing final slash

I created a link to abcnews.go.com/US/YearInReview/

DT 1.9.1 removes the final slash and this causes abcnews to report a page not found.

Bob:

That’s right, and it happens in DT Pro 1.9 beta 5 also.

I copied your URL to the clipboard and made a bookmark of it in DT Pro. The bookmarked URL looked OK (the ending “/” symbol was there), but selecting the bookmark URL results in an error. For some reason, the “/” is dropped by DT when attempting to open the page.

So this looks like a bug.

But I’m puzzled by the fact that I’ve got other bookmarks that end with a slash, and they still function properly.

Hi,

I tried it the same way like Bill, behaviour on my machine (10.3.7) is not exactly the same: The link looks nice, it changes to the link without slash but opens the web page without problems.
Did you turn off some JAVA script or so?

Maria

Maria:

I’m also running 10.3.7.

When I look at the Info pane for the bookmarked URL, the Name field shows the full URL, including the /. But the URL field shows an incomplete URL, without the final /.

Selecting the bookmark results in a page not found error.

Strange. :question:

Going to Tools :: Show info and entering the entire URL and then hitting the Tab key.

When the cursor transfers into the Comments box, I can see the final slash being removed.

So I added two //s at the end and both were removed.

Go figure?

Bob

I tried it also, and adding a space after the slash gets it working.

Thanks Greg

Adding a space worked here and becomes part of the URL. BTW the URL with a space loads in Safari

Still seems this is a bug.