List contents with tabs

I have started using tabs more often and there is a behavior that makes me wonder if I am missing something.

As I switch from tab to tab I would expect that the list (upper) pane will change to reflect the document in the bottom pane. But it doesn’t, it just stays at the last place that I looked.

Is there any way to get the upper pane to change as I navigate from tab to tab – or alternatively is there any command that will cause the list to reflect the current content pane?

No, this is not possible. Selecting different tabs will not change the item list. @cgrunenberg would have to assess the feasibility of this.

Thanks. At least I know that I am not missing something :grinning:

No problem.

Related question. If I go to one of my tabs is there an easy way to get the List pane to display the context for that tab (given that it doesn’t happen automatically)? For example, I want to copy a link to this item – it seems that I can only do that if I select it in the List Pane. Right now I am just renavigating in the List Pane back to where that item is located, but I am wondering if there is something that I can click that will “do it”,

Thanks

If you select Data > Reveal or press Command-R, the item list will change to the location of the active document.

Cool. I had tried that and it went somewhere else, but maybe I didn’t actually have the tab selected. When I selected the tab and typed command-R it worked. Thanks again :smiley:

You’re welcome.