List of document titles

I could be having an Alzheimer’s moment, but I seem to remember someone saying that 1.9 would have the ability to create a list of document titles. If it does I don’t see the feature.

Am I crazy or what?

Bob

[quote=“bobembry2”]
I could be having an Alzheimer’s moment, but I seem to remember someone saying that 1.9 would have the ability to create a list of document titles. If it does I don’t see the feature. Am I crazy or what?/quote]
I don’t exactly what you mean with “list of document titles”, but maybe you mean the History pane (Tools > History). This gives you a list of all documents in the database, sorted by creation date and time.

Best,

Eric.

I use DT to collect web clippings and many of these are news articles where the article title “tells the story.”

I would like to be able export or copy just the document title (name in Show Info) and maybe the date created.

Example from StickyBrain

Just use “Edit > Copy” (Cmd-C) to copy the names of multipled selected items to the clipboard. BUT: Depending on the destination application, “Paste” meight either insert the copied contents or the copied titles.

Example: Pasting to a plain text in TextEdit inserts the lists of titles, pasting to a rich text inserts the contents as attachments.

Using the copy/paste method lacks detail. For example, with List View it only copies the Name column.

Maybe it’s possible (in Pro?) to write scripts that’ll generate more complete listings?

Scripting DT Pro is of course a possibility as all properties, all contents or the current selection are accessible of course (but for now I have to add a “Collect Comments” script to the next beta first :slight_smile:)