Loading DA archives into the Search window

Hi,

maybe I just overlooked the most basic parts of DA, otherwise I would like this feature being added:

I like the two result tabs (Übersicht, Seiten) when a search is finished. Yesterday I stored some searches in the DA archive in order to check them today more thoroughly before storing useful results in DThink. But, I do not see how to get the results back to the search window without starting a new internet search.

:blush:

Maria

Simply use the “Archive” plug-in to search in the archive.

Best,

Eric.

sorry to be such a nuisance, but

• what is the Archive plug in ?
  • how can I (simply or not) use it ?

:question:

Thanks for more detailed advice!

Maria

Besides all the other plug-ins (Dictionaries, Internet, Wikipedia etc.) in the drawer, there’s also a plug-in called “Cached Files” (sorry, I used the old, internal name) that does not search the web, but the local archive.

Best,

Eric.

Eric,

thanks for telling me. After all I found it. It is called “All cached pages”, not “cached files”. I took me some time to find it, and this little error shows that the term is not unique enough, easy to mix up. Why not “Archive”. - Another suggestion: Could you put this plugin in a special section above the archived sets in the popdown menu of the search dialog?

Please do not get me wrong, but consistent terminology is the basis for a good UI, why not “Archive”, I still have an “Archive” in my German version, and plugins are not plugins but Module.

Anyway, I have searched in “all cached pages”, but the result is 0 for several words that are definitely in the files. What do I do wrong?

Best,
Maria

We try to get the terminology as consistent as possible, but this also means changing things. And we have changes such a lot, some things are just different in the versions we use compared to the public versions.

Hmm, no idea. Have you set all search parameters right?

Best,

Eric.

The “Cached Files” plugin (used by the “All Cached Pages” set of v1.5 - well, the naming still has to be revised :wink:) just scans the currently cached files/pages but not the archive.

To open the archive, use “Tools > Show Archive…” (“Werkzeuge > Archiv öffnen”) and by default the toolbar of the archive window contains a search field.

In addition, the drawer of the archive window lists the groups of the archive and similar to Apple’s Mail, clicking on a group displays its contents in the upper pane of the window.

Eric and Christian,

thanks for the explanations. I will have to check that

Maria