Log error message repeats itself

I am getting this log message every 3 minutes:

12:44:57: The operation couldnÕt be completed. (NSURLErrorDomain error -1001.) Timeout. (NSURLErrorDomain -1001)

Any idea what’s going on?

Do you use a Dropbox sync store?

Yes

Probably due to temporary issues, after too many failed retries the synchronization is canceled and resumed the next time.

I’m seeing this regularly now after the last DT3 update but never saw it before then. I’m also syncing via Dropbox. It doesn’t really seem to be causing any issues that I can detect, however.

DEVONthink will continue to retry connecting periodically and if Dropbox’s servers don’t respond after enough tries, the timeout is reported.

OK, this has now gone away after restarting et al.

New strange thing: in preferences, there is suddenly a Local Sync Store on top of the usual Dropbox Sync Store?

DEVONthink doesn’t create sync stores on its own. A screenshot might be useful. In addition, are you able to reveal the local sync store in the Finder?

thx - it is (was, as I deleted it) in a local copy of a OneDrive, not sure why that happened …

Hi,
I’m having the same problem. M1 MacBook running latest version of macOS.
I cannot reveal, show in finder or move to trash - all are greyed out.
I have a dropbox sync store for my databases.
I’ve rebooted but the error message keeps cropping up.
Any ideas?
thanks,
Joe

1 Like

What error messages? Please provide more information or a screen capture of the messages you’re receiving.

Hi Jim,
exactly the same message as shown in the original post. Sorry didn’t add it as thought that was obvious.
screenshot here: Dropbox - Screenshot 2021-06-08 at 11.26.03.png - Simplify your life
Joe

No problem but we never assume details like that. Many people join discussions with varying or even unrelated experiences.

As mentioned above, those are non-fatal errors from slow server responses. Are you running 3.7.2?

Hi Jim,
yes, running 3.7.2 - latest version.
reassuring they are non fatal errors, but it’s a bit irritating all the same.
I can’t click on it to locate what might be generating it, any ideas?
Joe

There’s nothing to locate as it’s just reporting a slow server response.
And we have no control over the responses of any remote servers. If they don’t reply in a timely fashion, you’ll get a timeout reported.

thanks Jim
I’ll keep an eye on it… just a minor irritation
best regards,
Joe

You’re welcome.