Log keeps posting an error message, literally every second

Apparently some file links have broken. I get this message:

8:46:23 AM: Old DT Pro db 2019 Failed database verification, please repair the database.

I run “repair”, and it lists 4 or 5 files with broken links. But I can’t even see what they are, because I keep getting the same error message every second, and the log just keeps scrolling.

1. How do I ‘repair’ the problem? Can I just delete the offending files from the DT database and re-enter them from my iCloud documents folder?
  2. How do I stop the log from continuing to post the same error message?

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi
I searched the forum for the same problem - the log goes in unstoppable loop showing the same message every second (almost) ad infinitum. I have done what you suggested but the log goes on and on - how can I stop it?

If you know about the answer already published I would appreciate the link.

Best regards.

What’s the actual error message? Did you successfully repair the database(s)?

Thank you for a quick response!

I did attempt to repair every time I noticed the number on the icon. If it remains with some faults, it happens again and again. When I try to locate them in the log window - the message is repeated every second until the window is open. It does happen the same way if I open the window or the toolbar viewer…

I attached a saved copy of the message… if I did not clear and close the window it would never stop.

I was looking for the way to control the log behaviour. Is it possible?

The program (DT) works very well in spite of this problem.

13:09:30: MacBox Failed database verification, please repair the database.
13:09:31: MacBox Failed database verification, please repair the database.
13:09:32: MacBox Failed database verification, please repair the database.
13:09:33: MacBox Failed database verification, please repair the database.
13:09:34: MacBox Failed database verification, please repair the database.
13:09:35: MacBox Failed database verification, please repair the database.
13:09:36: MacBox Failed database verification, please repair the database.
13:09:37: MacBox Failed database verification, please repair the database.

It happens so fast that only in the log window after changing sort mode to the second column I was able to locate and delete problematic records of data…

it is usually after some links to outside files are lost…

Damaged databases can’t be synchronized, that’s why this error message is shown again and again. I would suggest to temporarily disable the automatic sync and to repair all issues.

Thank you. I will do that.

Can you clarify what you mean by this?

I have solved the problem by rebuilding the database.

Answering your question: it happens when the document is stored outside DT database and DT holds the link only…
On occasion, when the document is missing (deleted or moved) it causes an error registered in the log file…

Have you read the Help > Documentation > In & Out > Importing & Indexing section?