Loosing database and preferences on power loss

This is intentional, e.g. otherwise a crash because of a corrupted document (e.g. PDF or web archives) or database would crash the app again and again after launching.

1 Like

Hi
I’m the OP here and I would …in the spirit of learning… like to make the point that I felt extremely unhappy by Blue Frog’s response to what it now turns out was a problem that many DevonThink users are suffering from.
It might seem to a moderator that the way their software works makes total sense to them but it clearly does not make sense to many users.
I think this is expressed in the michaelmaser’s post really clearly.
And this is not because we need to read the manual. Or follow the advice given to me: “I strongly suggest you pay closer attention to the battery status on your Mac - and show it in the menubar if you aren’t already.” and “You should also consider investing in a portable power adapter for emergency situations.”

Not really OK in my opinion. The point was…“what gives with DevonThink? Maybe you guys need to look at this…this is a really bad way of doing things” as many posters since are expressing.

I rest my case, and like I said before I will not use this forum because of this attitude problem.