Losing confidence in DTPO: Verify & Repair, Sync issues

DTPO complained of missing files when syncing, so I tried Verify & Repair a half dozen times. Apparently it doesn’t Repair, as the problem persisted. I rebuilt the databases, sync started again and took quite some time to finish on the last item. Finally it finished, but the sync errors persist (tail of log attached below). I’m starting to lose confidence in this system - can it be trusted with all the artifacts for my PhD?

• Why do these errors arise when I haven’t manipulated the files outside DTPO? (There have been no crashes, reboots, etc.)
  • Why doesn’t Verify & Repair repair the errors?
  • Why doesn’t Rebuild database… correct the errors?
  • Why do we (users) see database errors? Modern databases maintain consistency themselves.

John

2:06:41 PM: ~/Documents/Bookends/Attachments/EndNote Attachments/Melzack1965Pain Mechanisms A New Theory.pdf	No Text
2:06:51 PM: ~/Documents/Bookends/Attachments/EndNote Attachments/norman () attention to action. willed and auto.pdf	No Text
2:06:52 PM: ~/Documents/Bookends/Attachments/EndNote Attachments/Oldfield-1971-The assessment and analysis of h.pdf	No Text
2:07:39 PM: ~/Documents/Academic.dtBase2/Files.noindex/pdf/8/Degree.pdf	No Text
2:07:39 PM: Importing	686 items
2:07:39 PM: Done.	
2:35:09 PM: Sync: Inbox -> john@johnjohnson.info (Dropbox)	The operation was cancelled.
2:35:09 PM: Sync: Inbox -> john@johnjohnson.info (Dropbox)	Palmgren vise receipt:  (Could not load a record (not found ({"error": "File has been deleted"})))
2:37:12 PM: Sync: Inbox -> john@johnjohnson.info (Dropbox)	The operation was cancelled.
2:37:12 PM: Sync: Inbox -> john@johnjohnson.info (Dropbox)	Arcs and Angles receipt:  (Could not load a record (not found ({"error": "File has been deleted"})))

The filename or path might have been changed by the used third-party app or indexed files/folders might have been renamed in the Finder.

Missing files can’t be repaired contrary to other errors.

It should and I guess it did as “sync started again”. But a completely rewritten, faster and more reliable sync will be available soon (see our blog).

How do I resolve these errors?

Thanks,
John

The sync errors or the errors reported by Tools > Verify & Repair? The verification errors can be fixed by rebuilding the database or by opening the Windows > Log panel after the verification, selecting the items with missing files, choosing “Move to trash” in the contextual menu and emptying the trash.

How do I fix these errors when the context menu is disabled?

That is a Sync error. There is nothing to reveal or Trash. Please start a Support Ticket. Thanks.

In case others have this problem, Preferences | Sync | Clean Location… took care of the error.