MacOS 12.1 Update > Devon Plug-In not working

After updating to MacOsx 12.1

Using: Devonthink_Bigsur.mailbundle

Apply > Restart = Incompatible Plug-ins Disabled

Close Mail.
In DT select DEVONthink 3/Install Add-Ons… from the menu.
Select to install the Apple Mail Plugin (v. 4.0.5); install.
Open Mail, Preferences/General/Manage Plug-ins…
Activate the plugin, select Apply and Restart Mail

@cgrunenberg: having installed v. 4.0.5 the “version 4.0.3 is available, you’re using version 4.0.5” problem still persists.

2 Likes

That’s a known issue of version 3.8 and already fixed for the next release.

1 Like

Works perfect with Blancs tips!

Same error different update:
MacOS 12.4 now…

error: "DEVONthink_BigSur.mailbundle

Contact the makers of these plug-ins for versions that are compatible with Mail 16.0."

Yes, I’ve tried the repeated recommendation of ensuring full disk access, deleting prior bundle, and re-enabling the plugin. Doesn’t work.

Please help.
Thanks.

Open at support ticket.

Was there a resolution to this? I too am experiencing the missing plug-in. I have quit Mail and DT, ensured proper permissions for DT, deleted existing bundle and reinstalled.

Did you in Mail enable the new plug-in?

Unfortunately, there is not a lot to enable:

You can see here that the plugin did get installed:

See other posts and the outstanding “DEVONthink Manual”. in Mail, menu Preferences, tab General, button at bottom.

2 Likes

Of course @rmschne my apologies for being dense. I’ve looked in this location for years and now I need to untrain my muscle memory. Thanks!

1 Like

Glad you were corralled in but again… we do not have a mail extension. We have never referred to or advertised our plugin as an extension. :slight_smile:

Same same…MacOS 13.1 … see attached image.

Yes, I enabled full disk access and then enabled the plugin and restarted mail as required and I find this screen telling me I still have a problem…please assist.

In the Finder, press Command-Shift-G and type: /system/library/Mail. Do you have this directory?
If so, go into it and check for our plugin in the Bundles subdirectory and remove it.

Just installed update for macOS Monterey (12.6.2) which included Mail Version 16.0 (3696.120.41.1.1) and DEVONthink_BigSur.mailbundle plugin ver 4.0.7 comes up as incompatible per Mail. I removed the bundle from Users//Library/Mail/Bundles/DEVONthink_BigSur.mailbundle which is the only place it was installed but I still get the following error:

Mail has disabled the following plug-ins:

DEVONthink_BigSur.mailbundle

Contact the makers of these plug-ins for versions that are compatible with Mail 16.0.

Have you checked DEVONthink still has Full Disk Access?

Just checked and it does still have FDA.

So did you reinstall the plugin and it’s warning.

Affirmative. The warning is still happening after a complete removal of the plugin, reboot of the system, and reinstall of the plugin from the INSTALL ADD-ONS page in DT 3.8.7