Mail Inbox Keeps Showing up in Devonthink

My Mail inbox keeps randomly appearing in different folders within Devonthink. Is this some kind of new feature or setting? It never did this during the beta test. I need to find a way to stop it.

It is a serious problem, because it interferes with my ability to add my emails to Devonthink. Emails I need to keep are archived in the appropriate folder in DT and then deleted from my inbox. Now that it thinks they have already been imported nothing happens when I add them to DT, so if I delete them without noticing that the import didn’t happen they will be lost. Everytime I have to search through the folder to make sure they went, and if not, go searching for wherever the inbox has appeared and delete it again.

How do you add the inbox to DEVONthink Pro Office?

Already imported messages are skipped or just replicated, see preferences.

I don’t know, that’s why I’m asking.

Again, I don’t know my inbox is in there and don’t want it there and don’t know why it’s there and would like to know how it keeps getting there so I can stop it.

Did you set up a rule in Mail to add messags to DEVONthink? Or a folder action? Because by default DEVONthink Pro Office doesn’t import messages on its own.

I don’t know how to do that, so I don’t think I did.

I’m not sure if this is what is happening, but I just noticed that the menu items for adding a mailbox and for adding a message both say “Add to Devonthink Pro Office”. I don’t know if I am inadvertently selecting it from the mailbox menu instead of the message menu on some occasions, because there doesn’t seem to be any pattern to when and where I find it in the database.

The menu items really should not both say exactly the same thing.

No matter which menu item you’ve used, DEVONthink Pro Office shouldn’t add emails on its own. Which version do you use? Could you post a screenshot of the “randomly appearing inboxes”? And is there anything in the folders ~/Library/Application Support/DEVONthink Pro 2/Sorter/Global Inbox/ and ~/Library/Application Support/DEVONthink Pro 2/Inbox/? Thanks!