Mail rule instantly crashes Mail

Hi there!

I am just givin DEVONthink 3 a test on my new Mac (have been a DEVONthink 2 since a long time). When I tried to set up a new mail rule that moves certain mails to my DEVONthink inbox, Mail instantly crashes once this rule executes.

I can even re-open mail and it will crash again, as it re-receives the email in question.
I am running this on macOS 12.5.1 on a MacBook Air M2 using DT 3.8.5.

Does anyone know what is happening? Do mail rules still work nowadays? Never had problems running mail rules on my older system with DT 2.

Thanks!

It might be helpful if you were to post the rule here.

1 Like
  • Have you given DEVONthink Full Disk Access in System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy? If not, do so.

• Have you properly installed our Apple Mail plugin? If not, do so.

• If it’s still crashing, disable the two options under DEVONthink’s Preferences > Files > Emails > Conversations and try the rule again. Does it still crash?

Have done all this, it still crashes.

It’s just a simple rule running on mails from a certain email address, see screenshot.

Bildschirmfoto 2022-09-05 um 01.54.17

Does the crash persist after a machine reboot?

Unfortunately yes. I reboot, start Mail again and it crashes right away as it gets triggered by downloading the email in question again.

Can I ask / double check: Are other users able to run this Apple Script via a Mail rule on an M2 Mac (or on an M1 Mac maybe)?

What kind of email account do you use?

Apologies for not replying earlier. Strangely, once I started to use different accounts for testing it started to work and even more strange, when I switched back to the account I used initially, it still kept working.

I have no idea why it was not working earlier, I did a lot of testing and couldn’t get it to work, now after a lot of testing, I cannot get it to fail. So, the problem is resolved I guess, even though I have no idea how.

Thanks for the answers so, very appreciated to find such a responsive forum here!

Strange indeed but we’re glad to hear it’s working now :slight_smile: