Mailbox synchronization

[Sorry, I accidentally posted this in the troubleshooting forum, too]

In my brief return to the Windows world-- and there is nothing out there like DTP (one of the reasons I just bought a new iMac)-- I found one rather nifty Devon-ish app called Zoot.

The one feature I really liked was its ability to sync a database with a mailbox. So, for example, if I have a mailbox dedicated to a particular project, the database for that project would, with a mouse-click, be updated with any new emails.

In DevonThink terms, I would be able to sync a “ProjectX” mailbox with the “ProjectX Emails” group in my DTP DB. Someday I’ll find the time to learn scripting, but it would sure be a nice feature.

Or is there already a way to do this? Please bear with me; I’ve only recently started using DTP as my one and only info manager. :confused:

Our upcoming Mail Archive plugin will be able to do this in a way. Stay tuned.

(I know I have been saying this a number of times in the last 3 months but we really have to be sure it works correctly! It’s coming soon.)

I’ve been with Macs - and Devonthink - for about four years now, but I still mourn Zoot. As a way to chop, slice and dice information, it is peerless. But it only does plain text, and I’m not sure that’s enough for me these days.

Hello, Annard. I was wondering if your mail archive plugin is available (even a beta would be nice!). 8)

Eric B.

It has become part of a new product DEVONthink Pro Office that is currently undergoing a limited beta test (as announced on the president’s blog). We should be going to a public beta very soon!