MailTags Projects in DEVONThinkPro 3?

Indeed, let us know.

Sorry to bump this old thread, but I too am trying to figure out of MailTags Project tags can sync over to DT3 on archiving of an email inbox.

From the conversation above, it seams that @VictorGav VictorGav did inadvertently have Project tags sync over to DT3 tags in his email archive, even though @cgrunenberg said this was not possible. However, it is unclear whether this is the case.

My own experience is that the Project tags transfer over to the “Finder Comments” but do not transfer in the same way as MailTags keyword tags.

To confirm, is there anyway to have MailTags Project tags transfer to DT3 on email archive in the same way that keyword tags do? If not, I wonder if I could pull the finder comment which does contain the text of the Mailtags project tag into a DT3 tag.

Many thanks,

1 Like

Keywords/tags should be used if DEVONthink 3 Pro or Server’s plugin for Apple Mail is installed & enabled and if the emails/mailboxes are either imported via View > Sidebar > Import in DEVONthink 3 or via the Add to DEVONthink 3 menu items in Apple Mail. Project tags are not explicitly supported, this depends on MailTags.

Okay, thank you. I can confirm that keyword tags do carry over to DT3 tags and that Project tags transfer to the “Finder Comments”. I think I can then run a search/smart group by using the Finder Comments to pull all project related correspondence, so that might do nicely.

In theory, I suppose that a script could pull that information and create a DT3 tag for the projects, but that’s beyond my capacity for now. I keep meaning to improve my Apple Script skills so maybe that is something for the future.

Thanks as usual for your prompt responses. I don’t know how you folks find time to work on the product when you are also so attentive to these forums!!

1 Like