Markdown in DevonThink: is there a shortcut to move items up and down a list?

If not, I am familiar with Keyboard Maestro. Could I use it to create shortcuts ?. Or an AppleScript ?
thanks in advance for your time and help

Probably not, but maybe someone knows.

What’s so hard about select the list item, cut (with menu or cmd-c), then paste where you want (with menu or cmd-v)?

IMHO you are taking something simple, basic, and “rememberable” since clipboard functions have been around for decades, with Keyboard Maestro or equiv which clearly is more complicated.

1 Like

thank you. I tried creating a macro with copy paste. It’s not as fast as a shortcut when I work full speed on lists. I am trying to find the equivalent of what I have with the Bear app which is fantastic.

Maybe use Bear for your writing, then?

1 Like

that’s what I have been doing. I would like to transition to all in DevonThink

1 Like

Well, Bear and DEVONthink are different beasts with some common features. Keep it simple. Focus on your writing I would say. If you fly with Bear, use it.

Put DEVONthink in a window to the left for your research and put Bear (or any other Markdown editor more sophisticated than in DEVONthink and keeping the file in DEVONthink) in a window to the right to write. Put the finished documents in DEVONthink.

No need to fight or fix anything then.

1 Like

I agree. In terms of practicality, it would be great if DevonThink had a float window option

I am not sure I know what you mean. But is not what I described a working way?

I do it that way daily but my writing tool is Scrivener and I do not mess with trying to import or index the Scrivener files.

1 Like

I also work with Scrivener a lot. References in DevonThink

@cgrunenberg: This is supported in DEVONthink To Go’s editor.

Option-Command-] moves a selected line down
Option-Command-[ moves a selected line up

Works in Markdown/plain text and rich text.
Just a thought.

4 Likes

but not DevonThink itself

Correct. That’s why I mentioned our CTO / Lead Developer’s handle. Not saying it can happen - and the frameworks aren’t the same - but I thought I’d mention it.

PS: believe it or not, this is not a majority request from our userbase. It seems pretty specify. To vim users, in my experience.

For me this would be a useful feature, too. In NotePlan and iaWriter there are shortcuts for moving items up and down and I like this function very much for example when ordering todo lists.

Open externally in iaWriter isn’t a bad workaround at present.

3 Likes

If you’re a fan of Bear, you might want to give Panda a shot (Bear 2.0 editor.) You can open your DEVONthink MD file directly in Panda and have a pretty slick editing experience… including using shortcuts to move lines up/down.

There are some gotchas to be aware of (like not pasting images into the open MD file), but overall it’s a pretty slick experience.

2 Likes

Is there any way to get into the test flight. I tried when it came out but haven’t been able to get in.

I don’t know if there are any openings at this time.
And remember, it’s not early-access. We need people who will test, try to break things, report, and retest / report.

I probably should have clarified, I was talking about panda editor test flight so I could use it with DTTG, not the DTTG test flight.

Gotcha :slight_smile:

a major drawback !