Marking a set of documents as non-duplicate.

Hello,

I wonder whether DTpro has a feature to set a set of documents as non-duplicate. It simply classify multiple PDF documents as identical even though there are difference. I guess the reason is because the text information is same for the files and image difference is below a threshold.

Well… the documents are bills from a company. So, most of them share same contents. It would be great if I can explicitly mark the documents non-duplicates. I would like to know whether there already exists a method to achieve this.

Thanks.

1 Like

This is not yet possible but we’ll consider an option to use a stricter duplicate recognition for upcoming releases.

I would also like this feature but I would prefer to actually mark specific files as non-duplicates rather than make the duplicate recognition stricter, as the files that this happens to are the exception rather than the rule.

For example, I have a number of emails that all have the exact same content, but have a different name. The important information is the reference number in the subject line. However, in the majority of cases, I want Devonthink to find files that have the same content, but different names - it would just be nice to be able to tell it when it’s wrong.