Memory Leaks

I have had a reply from Development on the support ticket I opened on this:-

“Thanks for reporting this; it will be fixed as soon as possible.”

It is not a huge deal, only requiring DT to be quit and restarted once a day to manage.

Alas not in 2.5.2 !

Although the release notes for 2.5.2 make mention of memory management, the situation is the same. A routine sync of my databases adds about 300Mb to the real memory used by DT each time, so with hourly syncs it just keeps building up.

As I said this is not too serious, unlike the problem I have trying to sync large PDF files (c250Mb) to DTTG. After 20 minutes of trying ( and failing) to sync the file, DT was using 11.5Gb of real memory! Support seem to know about this problem and say that DTTG with a new sync engine will be much better.

I’m getting the same issue… My devonthink it’s growing to over 8Gb of RAM usage after a day. As I don’t shutdown my Mac that means it runs out of RAM after a few days. I then need to quit DevonThink and restart it.

A quick fix for this would really help me out a lot.

@guy: A regular reboot of your Mac is recommended, regardless of whether you are running our apps or not.

Until this memory issue with DevonThink I almost never rebooted my Mac. Up times of over 100 days was no uncommon for me… No issues what so ever.