Migrating Devonthink Pro to a new Computer

I bought a new I Mac. I couldn’t get Migration Assistant to work so I have been moving things manually. Moving the app is easy, but how do I move my data bases to the new computer?

The Global Inbox is stored at ~/Library/Application Support/DEVONthink Pro 2/Inbox.dtBase2

Do a Spotlight search for .dtBase2 to locate any separate databases you created.

Thank you very much. You have been most helpful. The transfer is in process.

I’m not familiar with rules, but if I could ask one follow up question –

When I put my license for DevonThink and Devonagent on the new computer, Devon wouldn’t accept them. The only options were to purchase or cancel. Do I have to uninstall the apps on my old computer before I can register on the new I Mac?

Carl

Your license allows non-simultaneous use on more than one computer.

I suspect registration failed for one of two reasons:

1. The installed application wasn’t the one for which registration was purchased. If so, remove it and install the correct application.

2. The information entered into the registration panel wasn’t correct. All three registration elements (Name, Organization-if any, License Code) must be entered EXACTLY as they appear in your license code email (no change or typo–copy/paste works). Refer to your license code email. If you have lost it, you may request a resend at Help > Support Assistant > Retrieve your license.

Thank heaven for the Forum. I found my registration e-mail. Thanks for your speedy reply.

Carl