Miniatures Pane - Three Panes View

Dear sirs:

• I am currently using Devonthink Pro Office Version 2.9.4. (I think this is the latest and updated version).
  • Generally I usually work in the “as Three panes view”, because this is the most confortable mode por my type of work. I use this view mode, especially it allows me to see the “miniatures” of the documents I am working with and in many cases I have the need of arrange or rearrange the documents in the “miniatures pane” or even delete some pages of the document using the “minuatures pane"
  • Mostly, I use Devonthink Pro Office por managing and archiving documents (I work as a Lawyer).
  • Actually I can not see the miniatures, so I can not work with this useful tool.
  • In some cases the miniatures appear, but I can not select one page (e.g. for delete a selected page or change the order of the pages of the current document). In this case the miniatures disappear immediately.
  • Mostly, even there are no miniatures to see or for working. The miniatures pane appears empty.

I would be very grateful if you give me your help, support and advice of how to solve this problem, given that the miniatures pane is one of the most important tools of Devonthink Pro Office for my daily work.

I have tried to prove to work in other views modes, but the problem still persists. I do not know if a fix or update is required and if you had another claims for the same issue.

Thank you very much in advance for you promptly support and help.

The current version is 2.9.5. If you’re not alerted to a new version, please download a new installer from here and replace your current version: devontechnologies.com/redire … d=download

Do ​not ​run a third-party uninstaller. Just unzip the file, open the disk image, and drag and drop the file into the /Applications ​folder, allowing it to overwrite the old version. ​(There is ​no ​danger to your data when you do this. (1) Your data is ​not ​stored in the application, and (2) we would ​not ​give you instructions that would jeopardize your data.)

I think you are referring to the thumbnails in the PDF sidebar. There were several unforeseen issues caused by fundamental changes Apple introduced in Sierra.​ The release of DEVONthink ​2.9.5 ​has corrected many of these errors, but please refer to the ​Help > Release Notes ​for a few outstanding issues related to the changes Apple made to the PDFKit framework. Thanks for your patience.

Thank you very much for your prompt and useful response. I will try to install the last versión and send you my experience with the issue. Also I apologize for using the term “miniatures”. Really I was refferring about the thumbnails pane.

No worries. I figured out what you meant from your comments. :smiley:

Thank you very much sincerely Bluefrog for your help. I´ve installed the last version of DEVONthink Pro Office (2.9.5) and now I can see the PDF thumbnails in its frame, but I Can´t work with them (for instance, it is impossible to select a thumbnail or reorder a document or delete a selected page).
I think this issue has to be with the Apples new OS X Sierra. I hope that Devon Technologies could fix this as soon as possible.
Thank you very much again !!

It is definitely a problem from Sierra. We are working to see what can be done. Thanks!

The next release will at least support inserting/pasting/deleting of pages again, in the meantime one workaround might be to edit the document with Preview.app

Thank you very much !! Let´s wait the next release. The thumbnails pane is one of the most useful and important features of DEVONthink.