Misc newbie questions

Hi there,

I’m just getting going with DT2 and so far I have my documents in (indexed not imported) . Some questions:

1. I was playing around with the highlighting and note taking features for annotating PDFs. I can’t seem to delete my testing notes now, though. How do I delete notes? Neither right-clicking nor the menu seem to have relevant options.

2. How can I import my Google Reader feeds? Or do I have to add them one-by-one?

3. I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong, but when just browsing the contents of my folders and organizing things, important documents keep ending up in the trash. Fortunately, it is easy to remove them, but is there some easy-to-hit keyboard shortcut that does this? It is nerve wracking to suddenly see my PDF folder in the trash for the 3rd time in a day when I have not deliberately tried to delete it. Is there a confirmation dialog I can turn on somewhere so I can at least figure out WHEN/HOW I’m doing this?

4. I searched the site for “Evernote” and found a bit of text saying there was a script to export from Evernote to DT, but I can’t find that script. Can anyone give me a link to this script?

Thanks,
CB

Choose the selection tool, then select the annotation and choose Edit > Delete (or “Delete Annotation” in the contextual menu) or press the Backspace/Delete key.

There’s no support for Google Reader (yet).

Pressing Delete/Backspace moves the selected items to the trash (like in Apple Mail).

See viewtopic.php?f=20&t=10333

Aha. I also discovered that moving the note slightly allows me to delete it (either via the delete key or contextual menu)

Pity. +1 vote for .xml file importing.

Well, I’m definitely not doing that, or I’d know about it. It would be nice if there was a warning dialog or a sound effect (which could later be turned off) so I could figure out when it happens. As it is, I’m just working on filing my files, moving things around, putting them in groups, playing with the see also & classify window. I’m not deleting anything (deliberately) at this point. I realize this is impossible to diagnose unless I can come up with a better description of the problem, but since I don’t seem to notice when it happens, I’m at a loss…

Does your database contain feeds and are old articles automatically removed, see Preferences > RSS?

Related topic:

Confirm deletion?