Missing files and folders HELP

Hi, I really hope someone could help me. After my computer froze (a Mac) I had to do a hard restart. When I opened DevonThink again I got a message asking for repairing the database which I clicked on it because I thought it was the right thing to do. But the problem is that after I did this I noticed that some folders were not listed anymore. I looked for the files that were within them and I couldn’t find them anywhere.
Another thing I noticed was that in a new folder I had created just yesterday, the files I had in it were no more but instead, there were IMAGES of the files that were in the other folders that I can not find, which I find very strange.
If you have any ideas on how to restore or at least access to these files again.

You could either try to restore one of your backups (e.g. from Time Machine) or use File > Restore Backup… while pressing the Alt modifier key. If the latest backup doesn’t work, try an older one. But before creating even more issues I would suggest to create a copy of the database first in the Finder.