modify Import to... to the currently selected folder?

hey all,

I'm not an apple scripter, unfortunately.  I've too much on my plate being in grad school to learn it.  Is it possible to write an applescript that switches Import preferences so that the "new notes" (particularly ones selected from keystrokes in safari) part is changed to the currently selected folder.

Basically, what I want to do is this: I normally have the new notes function on an “!NBOX” folder so that I can review everything GTD style. However, as the semester progressed, I haven’t done a whole lot of reviewing. I open a lot of safari windows and create little “projects” out of them: when I’m looking for something particular, I give it’s own window, and everything I find I open in a new tab. I’d like to be able to just switch to DT Pro real quick, create a new group, and then using a keystroke, have the “new notes” pref be changed to the group I just created, and then switch back to safari and start dumping.

Is this possible? Anyone know how to do it real quick?

sps

This is not (yet) possible via AppleScript. But you could use the groups panel (see menu Tools) and disable the preference to hide this panel when DT Pro is inactive. That way you could drag & drop contents to the desired group.

Or you could use this script:

-- Copy Selection to Current Group
-- Created by Christian Grunenberg on Nov Mon 21 2005.
-- Copyright (c) 2005. All rights reserved.

set app_name to name of current application
set app_path to (path to frontmost application as string)

try
	if app_name is not equal to "DEVONthink Pro" then
		tell application app_path to activate
		tell application "System Events"
			keystroke "c" using {command down}
			delay 0.5
			tell application "DEVONthink Pro" to paste clipboard to current group
		end tell
	end if
on error error_message number error_number
	if the error_number is not -128 then
		try
			display alert "DEVONthink Pro" message error_message as warning
		on error number error_number
			if error_number is -1708 then display dialog error_message buttons {"OK"} default button 1
		end try
	end if
end try

Just add it to the folder ~/Library/Scripts/DEVONthink Pro, select something in Safari and execute the script via the script menu extra.