More Labels

Could we have more number of labels added to the menu? I have currently used up all labels, and am happy with their function. But I recently found myself in need of two more. I needed to designate a file I process as Done and a color label would be useful. I also wanted to designate some files as transferred to Scrivener so that I do not transfer them again. At the moment, I work around this by assigning double function to labels. So Red and Purple, in my case, serve two functions; they designate the topics of folders, and now I have added another feature: Red means also that I have processed that file and Purpose, in addition to the topic, now means ‘transferred to Scrivener.’ I am sure that there are other workarounds. I may assign tags and use smart folders too. For some reason color labels are more the more intuitive approach at the moment.

Adding labels has been often discussed but it’s a standard set by Apple and one that’s unlikely to change anytime soon. Never hurts to ask though!

Definitely would add my voice to more label colours (after metadata !) and to be able to name colours. I think generally in DT there is a lot more scope for use of colour to delineate different items and their relationship to each other.

Frederiko

maybe using tags is an alternative solution for you? or a combination of labels and corresponding tags or so…
since searching of labels in DT2Go (iOS) is very limited I’m thinking about that approach. But I like labels (different color gives very good overview)…will see.