Most recently annotated pdfs

Greets,

I have recently abandoned Skim and Highlights, and have been doing most of my pdf reading on the iPad using Bookends on Tap. When I sync with Bookends, the annotated documents appear. Since my attachments folder is indexed by Devonthink, I can see my annotationed pdfs in Devonthink.

What I would like to do is get a list of the pdfs that have been most recently annotated. For some reason the list that appears when I sort by Recently Modified isn’t accurate. Perhaps it looks for something else, but it seems not to consider annotations as modifications.

I don’t know if anyone can throw any light on this?

Thanks,

Declan

You might have to select the attachments (or their enclosing group) and use File > Update Indexed Items. Does this fix the issue?

It doesn’t. But I noticed that if I open the attachments folder in the Finder the same thing happens… the Last Modified date doesn’t notice that the file has been edited. Indeed, I notice that it doesn’t bring across the most recent edits to the pdf. I’ll have to try and figure out what is going on. It doesn’t seem to be a DTP issue.

In the meantime, I wonder has anyone else experience of doing this: read and edit pdfs on ipad using Bookends, and then going to the update synced Attachments folder and sorting by the most recently modified pdfs. It would seem to me to be a good way of catching up on the conclusions of a few days of reading. Anyone figured out how to achieve this?

Declan

Perhaps when Bookends syncs from iOS to OS X (via iCloud?) it is not writing changes to the content change-date attribute. Have you asked Sonny Software? DEVONthink is just picking up change dates from the filesystem, so if iCloud and/or Bookends and/or who know what is not making a change on the OS X side then maybe there’s not much that could be done to get you where you want to be?

Yes, I think you’re right. It appears not to be anything to do with Devonthink. Still, if anyone using Devonthink has any ideas…

Declan