Move imported files to indexed folder; icon, behaviour?

Does it work as expected if the SeaFile client is not running?

There is no folder to see in the Finder, when the seafile client is not running. That is the special feature, files are cached somewhere else in the Library, if I understand correctly.

So, if the client is not running (or the seafile Drive app), no folder can be seen and adressed.

And that’s probably causing the troubles, DEVONthink’s indexing requires the files to be available at the expected location.

1 Like

HI, still at my desk.

Yes, I think in that direction as well; although it works fine under most circumstances, under some circumstances, it does not. I do not understand why it breaks when I move a file from inside DTP to the indexed seafile folder, while other movements are OK, but yes, after checking this and that for two days, it seems that the SeaDrive or seafile technology is the problem.

Quite bad, if you are working in an academic environment and need to use this system, but at the same time would really like to rely on DTP.

Anyway, thanks for your patience.

Please choose Help > Report Bug while pressing the Alt modifier key and send the result to cgrunenberg - at - devon-technologies.com - thanks! Maybe there are any hints in the logs.

This is from a tech note about the Drive software’s operation, with related verbiage…

Thanks for hinting me to the docs. Well, in my case I was always connected to the net; but I think we both consider the placeholder system to be the cause of the problem.

Searching for the page you showed I came across the fact that I should update my SeaDrive app, which was still 1.x, unfortunately, my university still offers 2.045, not the newer 2.2x, but anyway, the principle stays the same.

I will send a bug report to Christian, if DTP is able to get around this problem, that would of course be great; most universities in Germany use SeaFile/SeaDrive apparently, and it is a good tool to collaborate with people who are not safe working with Git – besides being a good cloud storage.

You’re welcome :slight_smile: