Move to one group in Classify/See Also, Replicate to another?

I’m tweaking my legal research database, which maintains legal cases in an A-Z register in one group, “Caselaw”, and maintains replicants of the same cases in issue-specific subgroups of another, “Issues”.

So for example a case called Ezreb v. DEVONthink might be filed in Research/Caselaw/E for Ezreb and replicated to Research/Issues/Res Judicata and Research/Issues/Evidence/Hearsay

The AI is getting smart enough (!) so the classifier often suggests the right folder in the A-Z register for the first option, and the right issue-folders lower in the hierarchy. Amazing!

I’m hoping to find a way, maybe through a script I can invoke with the right groups highlighted in the classifier, to move the file out of the inbox and to the appropriate groups in the register and to replicate it to one or more of the additional “issue” groups the classifier also proposes. It seems a waste of this beautiful AI to be doing the second step manually.

Thoughts? Thanks!!

Just in case this helps and I’m interpreting your post correctly, if you hold the Option key, the “Move To” turns into “Replicate” which will make a replicant of the file in that group. The only gotcha is that all replicants need to be in the same database, which it looks like your example above they would be.

Welcome @ezreb

The AI is getting smart enough (!) so the classifier often suggests the right folder in the A-Z register for the first option, and the right issue-folders lower in the hierarchy. Amazing!

Nice to hear - and good you understand the AI learns as you work with the databases.

It seems a waste of this beautiful AI to be doing the second step manually.

I would disagree with this assessment. The AI is smart but it’s still only a computer analyzing data. I would follow up on @RobH’s suggestion with this…

1. Select a file to classify and show the Tools > Inspectors > See Also & Classify.
  2. Bearing in mind all replicated files have the same status, i.e., they are all the original, choose the groups you want to replicate to - and yes! you can select more than one group in the inspector.
  3. Hold the Option key, changing “Move to ^C” to Replicate and press the button.

:slight_smile:

Great!!! Thanks so much! :slight_smile:

You’re welcome :slight_smile:

When you say “button”, which button do you have in mind?

I currently run into following problem when using keyboard only:

1. I select a document to replicate it to another group.
  2. I press ^S to change to See also & Classify inspector
  3. type a query
  4. either the desired group is the first position or I use up/down key to move the ‘cursor’
  5. press alt and enter (ie. button==enter)
  6. nothing happens: no replication :thinking:

It works with a (alt +) mouse click though.
enter without alt leads to a move.

Am I missing something out here?

This is not yet supported but we’ll add this to a future release.

Thank you.