Moving email to DTPO

I move all of the mail I keep to DTPO. I use the menu item in “message” or “mailbox” titled “Add to DEVONthink Pro Office.” This is a great feature and I rely extensively on it.

1. Is there a way to assign a keyboard shortcut to it?
  2. Is there a way to set it up so I can designate the folder to put the message in with each save? I hate to touch something twice after I’ve already processed it. There is a “Save to DEVONthink Pro.scpt” in the print PDF submenu that allows me to pick which folder to put the PDF into. I’m looking for somethng like this for the “Add to DEVONthink Pro Offie” command in Mail.
  3. Is it possible to set MailTags 2.0 up to do something like this?

I’m obviously not a programmer. Thanks for your help.

Here are the answers to your questions:

1. Not really since there are two identically named commands under the Mailbox and Message menus.
  2. They are considered identical to the import of Notes (by popular request) and thus go to the folder that you have designated there.
  3. No, because Mail Import is not scriptable.

With regards to number 2…I would like to request a DT version 2.0 preference. The ability to set a default folder where everything goes to (as it currently is), or the ability to choose which folder imported items go to. I don’t know how hard this would be to code, but it in place for the PDF printing…so I would think adding a preference wouldn’t be that difficult.

Thanks for your time

I agree absolutely on this last point - I have been testing DT for a couple of months, and in the end the lack of this feature is what made me decide not to start using it and buy a licence. When sending things to DT I would want to have the possibility to directly send it to the one folder or the order.

Second reason why I decided against making DT my information organizer is the insufficient integration with the Finder, in particular the necessity to manually update the contents of linked folders and the fact that keywords consigned to files and items in DT are visible only from within DT, which makes all of your docuemnt organisation worthless once you refrain from using DT.

Much as I like the application, these things are makers or breakers, and, in my case, breakers.

When all or part of a database is exported, comments are saved in the Info panel of files, the names of documents are preserved and the organizational structure in the Finder is that designed in the database.

So do I, but I am not impressed: my email client, PowerMail, far surpasses DTPO in its search abilities. I had to move certain email databses into DTPO, because of computer crashes, but I find it hard to locate a specific email because I cannot twitch my search as I can in PM.

In other words, DTPO still has some way to go imnsho.