Moving Folders to a New Database When Some Files in the New DB Have the Same UUID

I’m losing an email address and so quickly archiving all of that email, I think I have it all downloaded, but now I can’t get it all into the same database. I had previously created an archived email DB, but when I did the import this time, I somehow brought it into the Global Inbox instead of that archive DB. Now when I go to move the folders from the Inbox to the DB, many folders just don’t move. They don’t even Duplicate. In the log, it says that for several of the emails, that “UUID is already in the database”. I’m not sure how that could be (a separate problem), but now I’m not sure how to get those emails out of my Global Inbox and into the Archived Email DB. Is there any option other than hunting down those dozens of duplicates and deleting them? I don’t want to add even more work to this!

I’d appreciate any suggestions.

Which version of DEVONthink do you use? This message should only appear if emails with the same message ID but a different size exist already in the destination database. One workaround is to export the emails via File > Export > Files & Folders… and then to import the exported files/folders into a new database.

Thanks for the help! This worked, but I’m not sure if I have a lot of duplicates. It doesn’t matter, though, as long as the emails are there.

(I have DEVONthink Pro 3.5.2, by the way.)

Kent