Multiple capture as web archive

Hi!

I’m quite a newbie with DevonThink (Pro 2.0.9) and I was wondering if there was a way to do a multiple “capture as web archives” of HTML pages I downloaded in Devon or alternatively, if there was a way to import a website, each page being saved a web archive.

Here is the context: I’d like to save my blog that I will close soon (mon-ile.net/carnet/). There’s 2000+ posts and I’d like to keep the page format (so I’d like to avoid RTF as I have read on some other posts of the forum). As you can guess, I won’t go in each post and click “capture as a web archive” on each… that’s against my “automate everything you can” religion!

I spent quite some time with the options of the site importer but was not able to get some real offline archives out of that, the only thing I get is an HTML page where I’ll lose the images when I shut down my site.

I also looked in the AppleScripts provided with Devon, in the “download” section, there’s something like “create an offline archive” but I don’t see anything created anywhere when using it.

In the end, when I do a multiple select of my posts in Devon, if I go to “data” => Convert, the option for web archive is not there (and even convert to PDF is greyed out…).

And I could not find anything using google or in this forum. If anyone has an idea, it would help me to save a good souvenir of 8 years of blogging :wink:

Thanks

You could select the posts and use the script posted in the thread viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8413 to create web archives or use the following script to create PDF documents:

-- Convert URLs to PDF documents

tell application id "com.devon-technologies.thinkpro2"
	set theSelection to the selection
	if theSelection is not {} then
		try
			show progress indicator "Converting..." steps (count of theSelection)
			repeat with theRecord in theSelection
				set theName to name of theRecord
				set theURL to URL of theRecord
				step progress indicator theName
				if theURL begins with "http:" or theURL begins with "https:" then
					set theGroup to parent 1 of theRecord
					create PDF document from theURL name theName in theGroup without pagination
				end if
			end repeat
			hide progress indicator
		on error error_message number error_number
			hide progress indicator
			if the error_number is not -128 then display alert "DEVONthink Pro" message error_message as warning
		end try
	end if
end tell