Multiple lists in an item?

Here’s my problem: I’m running DT Pro 1.2 under 10.4.7. I want to create a rich text entry with two lists in it, something like this:

Part One

Part Two

When I try to format as a list, it wants to turn this into one list:

Part One
5. Part Two

Is there a way to achieve the results I want? I tried creating the second list in a separate item and copy/paste it into the first, to no avail (still turns it into one list).

Any suggestions?

DEVONtechnologies may be limited by the somewhat primitive list support built into OS X (which is probably limited by the RTF format).

Anyway, make your first list, and when you get to the end, enter a couple of extra blank lines. This will end the current list. Now make your second list like you did the first one.

Basically:

• Type “Part One” and press return.
  • In the ruler, select the list type you want
  • Enter the Part One lines
  • Enter an extra return or two, until the list numbering stops
  • Type “Part Two” and press return.
  • In the ruler, select the list type you want
  • Enter the Part Two lines (which should have independent numbering from the first list now)
  • Delete any extra blank lines

That did it. Thank you for the tip.

My pleasure!

I use lists and outlies a lot, so I’ve gotten pretty good at working around the limitations of the RTF list/outline feature built into OS X.

The issue you saw exists under WordPad (for Windows) as well, probably because Microsoft also uses RTF for that editor (which is the Windows equivalent to TextEdit). My “fix” works in WordPad as well, for the same reason I suppose.

Good news