My Databases suddenly change names

I am using 4 Databases, and they all index files in the filesystem on my Mac

1. Projects
  2. Focus
  3. Resourses
  4. Archive

This morning one of the databases have changed its name, looks like a name from a document inside the Database. I use Timemachine, so I checked and restored the database from Friday.

Now this afternoon 2 of my databases have changed name again, and it is the actual Database name in the file system. I can see in TimeMachine it happened between 11:25 and 12:40 today…

Any idea what is happening?

• What kind of sync are you doing?
  • Where are the databases located - the file path on the machine?

I’ve had this happen many times over the years, and it is always mysterious. What changes is the name of the database in Database Properties. I’ve checked more than once when this happens, and none of the contents of the database change, just the display name. So, before you restore if you check the contents you might find a restore from backup is not needed.

Sorry, I don’t know the answer to why – but I do know it turns out to be more a temporary annoyance than an issue.

(I suspect I have some macro or keyboard monitoring program that is doing it – something I use rarely but that causes a change.)

1. The new Sync via CloudKit, made the move when 3.6 came out, maybe a week ago.
  2. User/oleschmitto/database [I believe I choose the default during install]

And yes, the content of the Database are OK, so I really don’t need to restore the Database from TimeMachine, it’s just scary in some way.

Ole :denmark:

Just been away from the Mac in 45 min. come back and 01. Projects are renamed to 2021

Does any of your databases contain a group named “2021”? Do you use DEVONthink To Go too?

Yes - Yes

I can live without To Go for a period so should try to disable it?

You could indeed try whether disabling the automatic sync in DEVONthink To Go’s preferences will make a difference.

DEVONthink To Go have now been disable on my iPad since yesterday afternoon, and there have not been any database name changed since.

So it looks like it have something todo with the sync?

Ole

Could you please send us a support ticket that gives us the logs?

Please explain how to send a support ticket.

• From Mac or iOS?
  • Also I havn’t had the Sync active since Monday

Ole

In DEVONthink To Go choose ? > Contact us. This creates an email with all the logs attached.