Need Hook DT3 Script to Create Bookmark instead of RTF

I am trying the Hook app for the first time and see some very interesting capabilities and a vibrant Forum with developer support which is a good sign.

Put I am a bit puzzled with DT3 integration.

If I add a new Hook and choose “Hook to a New Devonthink 3” - then the resulting item in DT3 is a blank Rich Text document.

If instead I choose “Share… Add to Devonthink 3” then the result is a Rich Text file which contains a URL Scheme link to Hook. That link works correctly if I copy/paste it into a browser; but what I would really like to do when I “Add to Devonthink 3” is to create a Bookmark to the URL Scheme link. Is this possible?

OK I see the issue - I need to revise the New Item script in Hook to create a bookmark rather than an RTF file. I tried but my Applescript skills are lacking.

This is the default script which creates an RTF file:

tell application id "DNtp"
	set newItem to create record with {name:"$title", rich text:"", type:rtf}
	set refURL to reference URL of newItem
	set itemPath to path of newItem
end tell
open location refURL
get refURL

This is my failed attempt at a revised script to create a bookmark - clearly I have much to learn in this regard. Can anyone help?

create record with {name:"$title", URL:refURL, type:bookmark} in incoming group
end tell

Look at this logically…

create record with {name:"$title", URL:refURL, type:bookmark} in incoming group
end tell

What is newItem ? It isn’t defined in your script so it points to nothing, hence an error.

Look at the order and syntax of the original.

• See where the newItem is defined?
  • See how attributes are called after the item has been created _(logically, as an uncreated object has no reference URL or path?

I had tried this earlier but got no response at all.

set newItem to create record with {name:"$title", URL:refURL, type:bookmark}
    end tell
    open location refURL
    get refURL

Looking at this more closely though, the script above is designed to create a hook to a new item - that is not exactly what I want to do. Instead what I want to do is to change the behavior of the macOs “Share” feature. I am not sure where to do that

Currently the Share to DT3 feature only lets me create Plain Text, Rich Text, Formatted Note, or Markdown items. How do I change this to let me create a bookmark?

How do I change this to let me create a bookmark?

You can’t as it’s not supported, neither is changing the behavior of the Sharing mechanism.

OK thanks for that clarification.

In that case, I believe I can achieve the desired functionality with Keyboard Maestro instead of Applescript.