Need some help to get more out of DT

I can confidently say that DTP RARELY crashes for most users. I’ve been using it since it was in early beta and it’s one of the most stable, resilient apps I’ve used.

If you have Safari 3 beta installed, that can crash DTP (it crashed my database a few times, until I reverted back to Safari 2.x).

It seems to me that, for the most part, many crashes are related to computer/OS issues.
This is not to say that DTP is perfect, just my experience from this and other forums. Deleting caches, repairing the disk etc usually “fixes” such behavior.

When I’m having repeated crashes or other strange behavior, I’ll run Tiger Cache Cleaner or AppleJack as well as DiskWarrior or TechTool Pro. In fact, I generally run them periodically as a preventive measure.

Recently, DTP hung on OCRing a certain PDF. I had to force quit the app, restarted it but couldn’t get OCR to work.

I launched Activity Monitor and found that a process belonging to DTP, called RDE, was still running n a loop and I had to force quit it in order for the OCR function to work properly again.

You can also get problematic pdfs in my experience as well (not sure why they might be problematic but I’ve had certain files regularly choke OCR).

YMMV