New Mac. Where is my inbox please?

Hi everyone.

I jsut got a new Mac and am migrating to it. I have downloaded DTPO and been able to get my databases going. But I cannot find my inbox. Will someone please tell me where it is so I can get it working again.

Thank you

You probably would benefit from navigating to DEVONthink > Install Add Ons > Global Inbox in Save Dialogs to insert the Inbox into Finder’s sidebar in normal Finder windows and Save dialogs

And, of course, within DEVONthink use View > Show/Hide Sidebar

Thanks. That got it into the Finder sidebar–great, as I use this all the time. However, I still have an unpopulated inbox. Where on my computer will I find the inbox so that I can open it?

Thanks again

The global Inbox database is in DEVONthink’s folder in Application Support – however it is integrated with DEVONthink and should be opening automatically when you launch the program. Are you sure the Sidebar is visible? You cannot close the Global Inbox, in normal configuration, and it opens by itself. If the Inbox is not in your sidebar, then the app was installed incorrectly, or you need help migrating your inbox from your old computer, and you’ll be better off opening a ticket with Support than writing here.

Thanks again.

Inbox is in the sidebar. Hopefully it’s clear that it’s empty. I will fill out a ticket.

I downloaded DTPO straight from the Devon website. Then simply opened the databases i ahd migrated to my new MacBook Air. But I cannot retrieve my inbox.

Screen Shot 2015-05-29 at 1.14.17 PM.png

You installed a fresh copy of DEVONthink. Your Inbox data is on your old machine. Support will help you migrate the inbox from the old machine to the new one.

Exactly! That’s what I’d like to do. I thought I could move it from the old to the new via a Thunderbolt cable. I will contact support. Thanks