New OCR engine in DTPO 2

For all of you who are dying to check out the updated OCR plugin in 2.0pb3r2, please go to the “DEVONthink Pro > Check for Updates…” menu in order to download a much improved version especially with regards to accuracy. At least in our extensive testing over the last week it has shown quite good results. But YMMV.

It’s a Canon MX850.

I went through this with VueScan. Image Capture finds the scanner and operates it OK. But VueScan did not do so even when we tried connecting manually via Image Capture. And I now get the same result with DTPO’s ABBY engine. Readiris however has no such problem and nor does VueScan in its latest release.

Charles

Charles, are you saying that the ExactScan Capture option in File > Import doesn’t find your Canon scanner?

If so, please send a message to Support stating that experience with the new ExactScan software included in today’s post, and provide the model of your Canon scanner.

I’ve just installed the latest DTPO 2 and Exact Scan. And I humbly withdraw my comments (which were made after trying to use Image Capture). ExactScan finds my networked Canon and scans ‘as advertised’. I haven’t had time to test OCR but have every confidence that it too will be OK too.

Charles

any update with the Hebrew OCR ??

No, our license from ABBYY doesn’t include Hebrew, Arabic or Asian languages.

I believe ABBY does have those languages for purchase from them.