New Pop-Up Window When Importing A Safari Webpage

I recently began getting this pop-up window every time I use the Safari DT import extension:

Pop-Up Window.jpg

I’ve checked DT and Safari preferences but I cannot locate a setting that controls this action. Up to this point I also haven’t been able to identify another app that could be responsible.

I’d like to get rid of it because it’s one more click and I use the DT extension a lot.

God, yes. It’s driving me crazy.

Just another new Sierra feature. :mrgreen:

Bill, I’m running OS 10.10.5 Yosemite. . . I even double-checked just to make sure that Apple hadn’t somehow snuck an OS “upgrade” past me. :wink:

This is NOT a DEVONthink problem. it is Apple’s update to Safari for our “security”. There is currently no known workaround (and yes, there are other people looking for a resolution).

Thanks Jim. I just wanted to know what is causing the pop-up window. I thought that it might be linked to Safari because I upgraded the app around the time the pop-up began to appear. I had also just upgraded DT and so far, the pop-up only shows up when importing a webpage into DT. Sorry to hear that there is no apparent fix.

While your alternative may eliminate the Safari pop-up window, it adds multiple steps to the importing process vs. one additional click for me.

I quit using DT’s universal inbox and the sorter years ago. I prefer to do my sorting when I import something into DT. When I use the DT Safari extension I am presented with a window where I can select the database (I have four using DT Pro) and the group destination. I can also easily create a new group at that point. I don’t always import a webpage as a web archive, opting for PDF when it suits me. I can also add notes at that point.

When I was using the inbox I tended to put off sorting. And it was a drudge to do when I finally got around to doing it. Sorting when I import just suits me better.

I’m with you regarding OS updates. Whenever I got to thinking that maybe it was time to move from Yosemite I would read about some new problems. Now we are into Sierra and I see little reason to upgrade when my 2011 and 2012 Macs are humming along just fine.

Just suggesting a temporary alternate while the issue gets sorted, actually. Sorry to irritate. I’ve deleted the suggestion.

I wasn’t irritated in the least by your suggestion. I’d leave it up because it’s one more option for getting the job done. I was just sharing how I tend to import webpages based on how I set up my databases. If there is another possibly better way to do something I’m all ears because I’m no expert using DT and it has a lot of features to master.

This reminds me that I need to poke my nose into the recently released 3rd edition of Taking Control of Getting Started with DEVONthink 2.