New search plugin

Hi,

I like to create a new search set that searches the EDGAR Database of the SEC for a company I choose with DA. I tried to do this like the “Ghandi” video-Tutorial, here: opening EDGAR, searching for the company, pasting the web-site into the “sites” tab, set the follow-link to 2 or 3, etc. but it only displays one page. I then also tried to create a plugin to make DA perform a search on the EDGAR database - but I have no idea how to tell it to do so…
does anybody have a clue for me?

Thanks

Axel

The solution by pasting the EDGAR web site address into the Sites list of a search set is a very simple one. This only works when your search term appears on the very first page. DEVONagent also follows ‘promising’ links but not necessarily all links.

Here’s a plugin based on sec.gov/cgi-bin/srch-edgar and created using the assistant (File > New Plugin) within few minutes. Not sure wether this is useful, just let me know.

www.sec.gov.plist.zip (667 Bytes)

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>Description</key>
	<string>Searches the EDGAR database of the SEC.</string>
	<key>EngineUrl</key>
	<string>http://www.sec.gov/cgi-bin/srch-edgar?text=_agentQuery_&amp;start=_agentOffset_&amp;count=_agentNumber_&amp;first=2011&amp;last=2011</string>
	<key>Identifier</key>
	<string>com.devon-technologies.sec.plugin</string>
	<key>Info</key>
	<string>SEC EDGAR Database Plugin ©2011 DEVONtechnologies</string>
	<key>Keyword</key>
	<array>
		<string>sec</string>
		<string>edgar</string>
	</array>
	<key>LinksMatching</key>
	<string>-index.htm</string>
	<key>Name</key>