I created a simple smart group to find indexed items in my global inbox.
- i clicked on the global inbox → context menu → create smart group as below
- the new smart group automatically locates itseld as the sub smart group of another smart group (added this week items).
- why does the smart group relocate itself ?
- does this arrangement mean that my rule will end up only looking for indexed files among those files added this week ?
- what are the 2 types of icons below ?
thanks in advance for your time and help
The smart group isn’t in a subgroup of a smart group. It’s a sibling of the other smart groups, not a child.
Sorry, I don’t understand. Why isn’t it simply under Inbox at the same level as the others. Why is it indented and why 2 different icons ?
Are you sure that there’s no Smart Group
Indexed Item in Inbox below the ones shown in your capture? I guess DEVONthink just selected the instance of
Indexed Item in Inbox in Smart Group
.Recent Inbox Added This Week excl Subgroups copy because the latter got a period at the beginning of its name, i.e. it’s sorted above
Indexed Item in Inbox.
Selecting a random instance of a record does happen after deleting a replicant, maybe it’s the same behaviour in your case.
Very good point. thanks very much. I will do some testing based on your idea. Have a nice evening.