New to Devonthink to Go

Hello all
I am new to Devonthing to GO - Using it for iphone and ipad

I have a couple of questions.

1. Synch - I am using Dropbox for this. I cannot locate the file that the files are saved in Dropbox. How can I find this?
  2. If I want to change this later to iCloud, can this be done?
  3. In files on iphone where I have icloud, dropbox etc, I can also see Devonthink but the meesage I get when I enter is "Content Unavailable - Content could not be displayed.
  4. Is there any tutorials so I can understand what Database is, what is the differerence with Groups etc?

thank you very much

You can’t, and why would you want to? That’s just binary stuff used for syncing. It’s **not a copy of your databases, nor a beschuh backup **

Yes. But why would you want to?

1 Like

In addition to @chrillek’s wise comments and questions, re #4 best to read the “free” e-book “Take Control of DEVONthink” available with compliments of DEVONTechnologies, and skim the DEVONthink Handbooks (for both DEVONthink and DEVONthink ToGo). The FAQ would be useful to you now at this stage in your learning. And skim the Blog Articles. All available on DEVONtechnologies’ web site.

Also, do you really need to use a third-party internet sync service? Bonjour method will be more reliable and quicker. Take a look at Sync Types Explained

So in order to activate Bonjour, I need to first de-activate drobox and then just have the same password in both devices? Leaving Port empty as I saw

thank you

Not true. Where did you get that idea?

You can have multiple sync methods. You could turn off Dropbox temporarily to try out Bonjour, but you can keep multiple sync methods running.

But, do you need Dropbox?

Read the references I pointed you to.

Another reference here, now that you express interest in Bonjour is Bonjour Simplified

2 Likes