New User Confusion

I purchased DevonLink a number of years ago and DevonLink ToGo more recently. Never used DL. With DLTG I added 30 or so folders containg thousands of items. I decided to get DL going and synced. Big fail. I corrupted many folders probably as a consequence of both not using the import and renaming.

So Ive spent alot of time trying to regain order. I only wanted DL so I could back up properly.

Questions:

• How do I transfer all DLTG files to a external folder? A zip to tar.Z file or even just a simple copy. I want multiple redundancies that icloud does not provide. I get errors when I attempt to copy the DLTG folders.

Welcome @BobP123

I’m assuming you mean DEVONthink and DEVONthink To Go, or DTTG as people sometimes abbreviate it.

• How do I transfer all DLTG files to a external folder? A zip to tar.Z file or even just a simple copy. I want multiple redundancies that icloud does not provide.

This would not be easily done, if at all possible. It certainly can’t be done from within DEVONthink To Go.

I get errors when I attempt to copy the DLTG folders.

What errors, where?

Yes, sorry I meant DEVONthink…

If I try to copy a large folder to either Dropbox or to iCloud within iPad ios it keeps asking Replace Existing Items? It adds empty files but nothing else. If I click replace it continues to add new empty folders.

Trying a very simple folder, the files appear to transfer and exist with the correct size but are not upenable. I presume these are in a proprietary format rather than original. For example a simple jpeg file in a folder copied over from DTTG is unopenable.

Many thanks!
Bib

There are no proprietary formats in DEVONthink.

You cannot copy a folder from DEVONthink To Go. It doesn’t exist in the filesystem. It’s also unclear how you’re copying and moving the items.