No shortcut for "Exclude from Tagging"

I’ve disabled database option ‘Exclude Groups from Tagging’ so all groups become tags. I can disable the groups I don’t want to be used as tags by right-clicking on them, but this is slow process for the amount, I wanted to add a keyboard short-cut to this function via system preferences.

Having added one in the keyboard shortcuts on ‘Exclude from Tagging’, it doesn’t work. So I tried to locate this command in the dropdown menu to confirm the shortcut assignment worked, but I cannot find the command. It only appears to exist as a right-mouse-click on the selected folder, and I’m guessing this is why the shortcut isn’t working.

1. Could you check and confirm it is not possible to as a keyboard shortcut to ‘Exclude from Tagging
  2. Could you add this option to the command list (even if an option-key-menu-item) so I am then able to assign a shortcut to it.

Thanks.

Save this script to DEVONthink’s script folder, then add a shortcut to the end of the filename, e.g.

Exclude from tagging___CTRL + I.scpt

-- Exclude from tagging

tell application id "DNtp"
	try
		set theRecords to selected records
		if theRecords = {} then error "Please select some records."

repeat with thisRecord in theRecords
			set exclude from tagging of thisRecord to true
		end repeat

on error error_message number error_number
		if the error_number is not -128 then display alert "DEVONthink" message error_message as warning
		return
	end try
end tell

1 Like

Thanks for that, I’ve got it working. I’m new to AppleScript.

1 Like